Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole

1 large pkg frozen SHREDDED hash brown, thawed
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
1 16 oz pkg grated cheddar cheese
1 small size container of french onion dip or use ranch dip to leave out onions
salt and pepper to taste

Put hash browns in 9 x 13 pan or oven proof dish (I like glass). Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir well. Pour over hash browns, spread until evenly distributed. Bake 350 degrees for appx 1 hr.

My stepmom first made this one night when hubby and I went in for his drill. My hubby loved it which is pretty unusual because he normally doesn't like things like this. I got the recipe and made it for us...and it was so easy!! I have changed it up a little bit each time. I noticed it was insanely think the first time so the second time I made it I used the soup can and added a little water. Much better! When I made it this week I actually tried it with the Ranch Dip for the first time...and we love it that way! I think I'll use the Ranch Dip from now on!

Not only am I sharing my recipe here but I'm also having a ball reading about other awesome recipes listed at Ramblings of a Marine Wife! She's having awesome giveaways for cookbooks and everyone is listing their favorite recipes!! I can't wait to try some of them!
Ramblings of a Marine Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment